Saturday, January 11, 2014

4640 Brandy Oak Court Fence

We are talking about that fabulous privacy fence at 4640 Brandy Oak Court. Hey, first of all -- thank you to my neighbors who have been reading this blog and my other blog! In particular, how does my blog post and photos look on an Apple iPad? Do you get good reception with Comcast? Are my pictures big enough for you to see? Let me know! And, thanks for taking time to check me out online.

So, back to this FSBO fabulous house with the attractive privacy fence. Driving around Jacksonville, Florida, you get to see a lot of different types and styles of fences. When it comes to privacy fences, you can't beat board on board, pressure-treated pine. I believe in paying a bit more for a quality fence done by a professional. Homeowners will try to save some money and do it yourself with fence panels and materials from Home Depot or Lowe's. Too many times, those less expensive wood panels are thinner wood with less expensive nails that will rust.

4640 Brandy Oak Court - Left Fence Gate
4640 Brandy Oak Court - Left Fence Gate
I had been contemplating doing a fence at 4640 Brandy Oak Court for some time. It just wasn't in the budget. I knew that I didn't want a DIY fence project for my home, especially considering the beautiful roof I had installed in December 2012. Why cut corners on price when all other improvements were quality jobs?

Researching fence companies in Jacksonville, Florida, I settled on Duval Fence Inc.

Duval Fence Quote for 4640 Brandy Oak Court
Duval Fence Quote for 4640 Brandy Oak Court
Quote: Furnish and install 96 ft. of 6 ft. high pressure treated board on board (1" x 6" x 6 ft.) dogear top. Two - 4 ft. wide x 6 ft. high single swing walk gate. Each gate has a 1" metal frame 6" x 10 ft. gate post (bevel top). Price includes material and installation. Terms: 50% down; balance on completion.

When the fence quote came in, I must admit I was pretty surprised by the price! Twenty-three hundred dollars [$2,300] is a lot of money! The last time I had a privacy fence installed, it was for a townhouse that had a small backyard. For my yard, we were talking about some 96 ft. of fence with two gates.

Again, I had to submit my fence project to our HOA who took a few extra days to approve. Duval Fence had about a two week delay between acceptance, with payment of one half down payment, and the initial start of the job.

4640 Brandy Oak Court - Fence Posts Installed by Duval Fence
4640 Brandy Oak Court - Fence Posts Installed by Duval Fence
On November 7, 2013, around mid-day, the fence installers arrived. They spent the afternoon digging and installing all the fence posts. I had already prepped the area for the fence posts, so that helped to make the dig run smoothly. Here's a shot of the fence posts installed down the side of the property.

Friday morning, November 8th, the two fence installers arrived bright and early in the morning. They started on the side yard installing the fence panels.

4640 Brandy Oak Court - Fence Installed by Duval Fence
4640 Brandy Oak Court - Fence Installed by Duval Fence
After the fence panels and gate were installed in the side yard, it made the yard feel bigger! That side yard has a walking path of 15.6" red brick stepping stones along with mexican petunias and 100% cypress mulch.

In the picture above, you get an inside view of the fence panels. The next door neighbor gets a different view and gets to appreciate the clean look of the pressure-treated, board on board pine. Normally, some neighbors will share in the expense of a side yard fence. However, I wasn't able to secure any contribution from my neighbor for this fence. I bore the $2,300 expense out of my own budget.

4640 Brandy Oak Court - Left Fence Gate
4640 Brandy Oak Court - Left Fence Gate
There's another view of the fence at the left side of the house. I've got to tell you that I truly LOVE those fence gates! They are a work of art and a creation of the principals at Duval Fence.

4640 Brandy Oak Court - Right Fence Gate
4640 Brandy Oak Court - Right Fence Gate
That's a view of the fence gate at the right side of the house. Isn't that a work of art? I think so! It really does a lot to add some extra style to the curb appeal of this beautiful home.

4640 Brandy Oak Court - Front of House and Right Fence Gate
4640 Brandy Oak Court - Front of House and Right Fence Gate
In this last picture, you get a good view of the front of this beautiful home along with a view of the new Storm Cloud roof and the fence gate on the right side.

I am happy to say that this fence project came in on budget at $2,300 and was completed by Duval Fence in a day and a half. The only issue that I had was having to call AT&T to come out and give me a new cable to the house since the installation of the fence posts at the right side of the house cut the cable! Luckily, I got an AT&T tech out the same day.

If you are interested in seeing this beautiful home with the fancy roof and fence, it is being shown by appointment to well-qualified buyers. For a showing, please call 904-619-6985. This seller is motivated to sell and is looking for somebody who wants to love this home and appreciate all the enhancements and improvements.

UPDATE: We sold this beautiful home and closed on Monday, June 8, 2015. Thank you to all our interested neighbors and visitors for looking and inquiring. We will miss you. Bye for now!
More About This Beautiful Home

No comments:

Post a Comment